All of my apps can play background music during slideshows. Just enable the ability to play background music in the app’s slideshow settings and select the location of your music. For cloud storage services, such as my apps for OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox, the location must be a folder on the service. For photo only services, such as Google Photos, Flickr, and Facebook, the music must be local on the device.
For cloud services, just upload your mp3, m4a, aac, or wav files to a single folder on your cloud drive. Then refresh the folders in the app so you can see it. Then enable music in the app’s slideshow settings.
For photo services, you’ll need to copy the files to your device. For phones and tablets, this is most easily done by downloading the files from a cloud drive, using either a web browser or the cloud drive’s native app.
For TVs, it is unlikely that you’ll have a web browser or a native app that you can use to download the music. For instance, Amazon Silk on Amazon Fire TVs does not allow downloading. The best approach then is to install an app that allows transfer of files to the device. ES File Explorer is one such app, allowing transfer of files by network shares, FTP, or Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
Copy Files to Fire TV with ES File Explorer
- Install ES File Explorer on your Fire TV
- Expand Network in the left menu
- Use Cloud Drive, FTP, Bluetooth, or View on PC to download files to your TV. I’ll expand on the Cloud Drive option as it is probably the easiest for most people.
- Select Cloud Drive and then New in the upper right corner
- Select Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, or Google Drive to access your account on those services
- One logged in, find the folder containing your music and long press on it by holding down the center button on the Fire TV remote.
- The folder should now be selected. Press the menu button on the remote to display a menu of actions and select “Copy To…”.
- Then select your local Music or Download folder.
- The files should download and then be available when you enable slideshow background music.