- Can Your Apps Be Used For Digital Signage?
- How do I change the Amazon Fire TV default screensaver?
- Where do I see shared albums in pFolio?
- How large are the downloads? Will my phone run out of space?
- How do I download only the albums that I choose?
- Help, the auto download is not working!
- Help, the auto upload is not working!
- Help, I don’t see how to start a Chromecast!
Can Your Apps Be Used For Digital Signage?
Absolutely! The Fire TV Stick makes a great (and inexpensive!) device for digital signage and my apps can turn any Fire TV Stick into a great digital sign for your business, with the ability to slideshow photos and videos.Back to Index
How do I change the Amazon Fire TV default screensaver?
Any of my apps can be used to replace the Amazon Fire TV screensaver. I’ve written a short article on How to Change Fire TV Screensaver, which covers the steps required to switch the default screensaver over to one of my apps. It is highly recommended you log into the app and set the slideshow up the way you want it before making it your Fire TV screensaver.Back to Index
Where do I see shared albums in pFolio?
By default, Google does not include albums shared with you in your list of albums. Visit the shared album on https://photos.google.com and select “Show In Albums” from the vertical … menu inside the album. That will allow the album to appear in your list of albums and pFolio. You should then be able to refresh the albums in the app and see the album.Back to Index
How large are the downloads? Will my phone run out of space?
First, know that the app only downloads display size copies of the photos appropriate for your device’s screen. It doesn’t download the original photos. My phone uses under 300MB per 1000 photos. Photo sizes may vary, but by these estimates a 16GB card could hold 50,000 photos. Most users have far fewer photos and most devices will easily have enough space. It is well worth dedicating the space for such fast access. If the app has already auto downloaded your photos, you can check how much space it is using by visiting the app settings -> downloads -> status.Back to Index
How do I download only the albums that I choose?
Go into the app settings and select Downloads. Then select Edit Downloads and select / deselect albums. If you want to keep photos from auto downloading completely, go to the app settings -> downloads -> and turn off “auto downloads”. After either of these changes, go to the app settings -> downloads -> status -> delete downloads to remove everything that has been downloaded thus far.Back to Index
Help, the auto download is not working!
If the auto download does not appear to be working, check its status in the app settings -> Downloads -> Status. The status panel will report the last time an auto download was completed and if any errors were experienced. If no errors display, connect AC power while viewing the status panel. The status will change to indicate an auto download is starting, or if not, why not. If you have further problems, feel free to contact me.Back to Index
Help, the auto upload is not working!
Here are some simple steps to help determine problems in the auto upload. If these do not help, feel free to contact me if you continue to have problems.
- First, take a new picture and confirm it doesn’t upload.
- Next, go into the app settings -> downloads -> status and force the download/upload, does the status say it is looking for uploads and do the uploads process?
- If not, the most likely cause is the upload location is not the location where your camera is saving its photos. Almost all modern devices have an internal SD card and an external SD card. If you’ve manually added an SD card to the device, this will be the external card. In your camera app, check if it is storing to the device’s memory (internal) or to an sd card / memory card (external). You should then select the corresponding location in the app settings -> Downloads / Uploads -> Upload locations.
- Keep in mind that only new photos taken after you enable the auto upload settings will auto upload.
- If you have instant uploads turned on, the photo will upload 7 seconds after being saved. You should be able to take a photo and switch back to the status panel to see if the app uploads it. If it uploads or fails, the status should be reported on the status panel. If it doesn’t appear to do anything, you probably have an incorrect path specified as described in #3.
- If instant uploads is not on, the app only auto uploads after AC power is connected. If this is your situation, visit the app settings -> Downloads / Uploads -> Status panel and then connect AC power to watch the sync and check its status.
Help, I don’t see how to start a Chromecast!
The first thing to do is to ensure your device is capable of casting. Start the Youtube app and ensure you can cast from it. If you cannot, ensure you have the latest Google Play Services installed on your device. This troubleshooting page from Google may also help. If all else fails, attempt to reboot the mobile device and Chromecast.Back to Index